Monday, February 9, 2009

My Favourite All Star Memories

As a diehard hoops junkie, I look as forward to NBA All-Star weekend like a kid does at Christmas time.

The league puts its best talent on display for all to see.

It's a showcase of skills and abilities like no other.

This annual event has given me a ton of memorable moments. My personal favourites include:

Vince's performance at the 2000 Slam Dunk contest;

Stephon Marbury hitting two big 3 pointers to help give the Eastern conference the come from behind win;

Jordan's last All-Star game;

Magic Johnson returning to the game to take MVP honours;

Glenn Rice beating Wilt Chamberlain's record of 23 points in a quarter
and

Larry Bird walking away victorious with his finger in the air while the ball was still in flight in the 88 3 point shoot out.

These memories are reason enough to love All Star Weekend but thanks to my buddy Dave, I'm about to love this year's February weekend classic that much more.

You see - Dave and I squared off in our fantasy match-up once again with nothing but sheer humiliation on the line.

Dave lost as expected and now he has no choice but to continue embarrasing himself by impersonating an elephant.

It's silly, childish and immature and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hey Dave - thanks for making this year's All Star Game UN-PHORGETTABLE

No comments:

Post a Comment