Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kobe Is The True KING

On Monday night, Kobe Bryant proved to all of us yet again why he is the top player in the universe right now. I know, #24 delivered a Madison Square Garden-record 61 points against the Knicks' swiss cheese defense. Big deal, right? You could probably drop 30 on the Knicks in your sleep, huh? Well, if it's so easy to score 60 at MSG, why has only Kobe and Bernard King done it? Here are two guys Bryant is always compared to, but who have never filled the mesh with 60 or more points at the Mecca of basketball...

Some guy named Mike..
And the man they call King.

No offense LeBron, but Kobe is the true KING right now. He's massively talented. He's fearless on the court. He's a 3-time NBA champion. The man is an assassin. He has the killer instinct. He will attack his opponents with pure hate and ferocity. LeBron, you don't have that yet. If it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and I need someone to take the championship-winning shot, Kobe is my guy. He's hit so many big daggers in his career. He embraces the challenge every time. LeBron is beginning to do that, but Kobe is (as Shaq calls him) a BEAST. Don't get me wrong, LeBron is insanely talented, but he still needs some seasoning in the killer instinct department. I think he'll show it in the playoffs this year since I picked his Cavs to face the Lakers in the NBA Finals. Until then, as long as Kobe can stay healthy, he's the best of the best.

Hmm, since I'm a Knicks fan, I'm just going to take a timeout and dream about something that probably isn't realistic any time soon, but it sure would be nice to have.....


Yeah, I know. Keep on wishing man.

No comments:

Post a Comment